Is it possible?

Home Ear Training Forums Ear Training Is it possible?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of quintusvw quintusvw 9 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of larsguitar
    larsguitar
    Participant

The whole deal with Beethoven being able recognize the pitch due to vibrations?

Profile photo of jtabon
    jtabon
    Participant

Each pitch has different vibration level, so yeah, Beethoven was a genius!

Profile photo of britanica
    britanica
    Participant

Of course! Snakes don’t have hearing, they hunt based on vibrations. That is how they get around. Cats are another animal that use vibrations, though they have some of the best haring of any animal.

Profile photo of bsamples
    bsamples
    Participant

That’s all really interesting. Plus they say if one of your senses doesn’t work, the others are heightened.

Profile photo of larsguitar
    larsguitar
    Participant

I will try to start hearing the vibration levels that each pitch does and then I would attempt to recognize them, it would be a great experiment to do.

Profile photo of caylalayman
    caylalayman
    Participant

I will try to start hearing the vibration levels that each pitch does and then I would attempt to recognize them, it would be a great experiment to do.

I agree. That really seems to add another level to things. Let me know how it works out for you.

Profile photo of bsamples
    bsamples
    Participant

Let me know how it works out for you.

@larsguitar I’m interested, too.

Profile photo of prashant
    prashant
    Participant

I remember seeing a training guide for Audio Engineers that is supposed to train you to recognize frequencies, not just the pitches. So it seems plausible. I think it was called Golden Ears or something similar.

Profile photo of sapv
    sapv
    Participant

Here’s an example of that. This is Evelyn Glennie, she’s totally deaf, and plays percussion amazingly. She does normally play without shoes, so that she can feel the vibrations and with that be on time and tune with the music.

Here’s an example of that. This is Evelyn Glennie, she’s totally deaf, and plays percussion amazingly.

Wow, that’s quite incredible!

Profile photo of zeitaliesin
    zeitaliesin
    Participant

I can imagine drums to be very intense for a deaf person. I remember a guy I knew who just loved to go to concerts to sit on the speakers.

Profile photo of quintusvw
    quintusvw
    Participant

Not just drums but bass guitar. You can feel the vibrations caused even far from the source.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!