Share your music!

Home Ear Training Forums Chat Share your music!

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bsamples bsamples 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

We have a community of talented musicians here… let’s show off a bit!

This thread is the place where you can share your latest creations. Don’t be shy, it doesn’t need to be perfect. Early demos, random improvisation sessions, anything you’ve recorded lately.

Whatever you’ve been putting your newly-trained musical ears to work on, post a link, sound clip or video here. YouTube and Soundcloud links should embed automatically.

I’d love to hear what you’ve been working on, and I know others would too. Share your stuff!

Profile photo of nbarnard
    nbarnard
    Participant

Morn’n @christopher-sutton,

I don’t have many videos of my handbell quartet, as we haven’t come to an agreement on what quality our videos should be at before we post them. I did manage to sneak a small bit of Bach’s Bouree II from the English Suite into an about me video.

I also play in a church choir and I have some video from that Handbell Scene and
    Raw Video of Handbell Scene.

Nick

Thanks for sharing these, @nbarnard!

I loved watching and listening to the Seattle UU clips. It seems like a wonderful kind of collaborative music-making.

Looking forward to that jazz handbells action in future! ;)

nbarnard
    Participant

@christopher-sutton I forgot about that Jazz mention!

Bells of the Sound did a whole Jazz concert, many pieces of which are posted on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/bellsofthesound

They also have a Jazz CD. http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/BellsoftheSound1 http://www.bellsofthesound.org/merchandise.html

We’ve also got a few Jazz pieces in the pipeline, but all those accidentals make them quite a bit of fun to work through! We have performed an original handbell jazz piece, Pick a Winner, but we don’t have a recording. :-/ But here is another group playing the same piece: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVJm5ftV4e4

Profile photo of britanica
    britanica
    Participant

I love the bells sound in that Seattle UU video. It is amazing what you can do with a single instrument.

Profile photo of louis-music
    louis-music
    Participant

Hi everyone!
    I just discovered this awesome website recently, and decided to share with you my own experience! :) Hope you’ll enjoy!

I’m working on a EP project: you can download it here : http://www.fileswap.com/dl/Fcy9awX5tv/ (click on “slow download”)

The recordings on this EP are unfinished, the drum and the vocals need to be re-recorded, some guitar part should also be re-recorded, because I just get a new awesome amp and wanted to use it for this EP! One of my friend who work in a studio will also help me to mix and master those tracks, for the moment, this EP is really not finished, but those recordings should gave you a good idea of how those songs sound like.

So the EP will be called “Si Je Vous Disais” (yes I’m french and my tracks are sung in french :p) which litterally mean “If I told You”. The EP is in general talking about someone who feels lost in his own world, and dream of an other planet, an other world. “If I told you” kind of mean here “If I told you what I can see, you would be really surprised…”.

Let’s go a bit deeper in the explanation of my tracks: The first track “Le Placard Noir” which mean “The dark cupboard” talks about the little hideaway place everyone has got, where you can just hide memories of people, things, and where you can call them back to life when you decide to search deeper in this “dark cupboard”. At the beginning, this song were a funky guitar riff I just found, and I decided to turn it into a full track by adding the bass (slapping at some point if you can hear it!), the drums, and the vocals. I would have loved to have some sax, unfornately, I don’t play sax well enough to use it in my songs… Basically, If you just found some cool riff on any instrument, don’t let it go away! Try turn it into a full song! This song is to me the worst of this EP, I think the other are really better than this one!

The second track is called “Quatres Notes à Contrechant”, I could’nt translate this, “à Contrechant” is an instrumental technique. This song doesn’t really talk about the character I described above. In fact, the character here is a mad musician. He would sell his parents, spoilt his skills, lose his money for 4 notes. This is basically what the lyrics says. Yes I know, this might seem really strange, and it is :p This time, the song was built up around the bass riff. The whole track was meant to be really funky, this song is the simpliest of the EP, but everything is just around those funky guitar and bass riff and that was how it was meant to be. I worked a lot on this little riff to make them really cool! Hope you will like this song!

Then we go to the following one! “Si Je Vous Disais”, “If I told You”. This track just talk about this character I described above, lost in his world, nearly fool, searching for an ideal he could’nt find anywhere, looking for perfection… He then tries to hurt minds saying something like: “And if I told you that the earth has never rotate, that the ocean had spilled, that the sun committed suicide, that the universe had collapsed? But who would ever believe me??”. This time, the song was built up around the arpegio I found on the guitar, I used many jazz chords to built this song and shape an “other world atmosphere” especially during the verse. I also added some layered vocals to built up this feeling of “an other world atmosphere”. I really love this song, I think it is the best of my EP! And that’s also why I decided to call it “Si Je Vous Disais”. This is the song around which all the EP was built!

Last track, “Un Autre Endroit”, “Another place”. It means what it appear to mean! Simply as that, always the same character, dreaming of some other place, regretting his lost love. It appears like he just don’t know what he want. He just dream of an other place, but in the meantime, he admit (in a certain way) that he needs to have a social life that he could’nt have if he were alone in his “other place”. I really loved this one song because it really shapes this other world (or at least this is how I feel it :p ). This song was built around the piano chords, but I’m gonna explain further how I did compose it by creating a new thread, which might interest some of you :)

Thanks for reading and listening to my tracks, I hope you enjoyed them! You can contact me here at steimberg@hotmail.fr if you want, and you can also check my soundcloud page here : https://soundcloud.com/louis-steimberg (Well admiteddly, the tracks on my page are not really cool but if you want to listen to them you can still do so here! :p )

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of louis-music louis-music.

WOW @louis-music, thanks so much for sharing your EP and the insights into how you created each song!

I really enjoyed listening to the 4 tracks. And I’m sure we can all identify with that “mad musician”! ;)

Profile photo of louis-music
    louis-music
    Participant

@christopher-sutton Thanks :) That was a pleasure to share those insights with you! Haha, I love this mad musician’s character :p You know, it is a bit like a very
    exaggerated and ironic depiction of most musician :p

Profile photo of caylalayman
    caylalayman
    Participant

@nbarnard: I’m so impressed by the hand bell videos! It’s been so long since I’ve seen a hand bell choir and forgot how much I enjoyed the melodies. Do you find that ear training helps for those techniques as well? Hand bells seem like a completely different beast than the stringed and keyed instruments I play. Thanks for sharing!

nbarnard
    Participant

@caylalayman I need to do more ear training, but it definitely helps with learning melodies, etc.

We’ve also posted some videos of our Handbell Quartet:
    An arrangement of Little Drummer Boy, with a Calypso feel: http://youtu.be/b5ieo_cJ0Gs
    The traditional French Carol, Il Est Né, He is Born: http://youtu.be/A2go1jApFpY

caylalayman
    Participant

@nbarnard: I’m new to ear training myself, but am really finding it useful, even just for matching pitch when singing in the car!

Those are fantastic. That calypso mix is really unique. I have a soft spot for Christmas music, and Little Drummer Boy is one of my favorites. Bravo.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of caylalayman caylalayman.
    Profile photo of slp1984
    slp1984
    Participant

Hi there,

This is my Soundcloud, I write Deep/Tech House I am not sure that anyone fancy here in this genre. :)

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

J

Profile photo of slp1984
    slp1984
    Participant

caylalayman
    Participant

@slp1984: That’s really, really interesting. Thanks for sharing! Do you find that ear training helps even for producing this type of content? We answer a few audio effects and mixing questions in our FAQ. (http://www.easyeartraining.com/faqs/#audio-effects) Any advice for aspiring musicians?

Profile photo of quintusvw
    quintusvw
    Participant

Good day, here is one of my favourites. Created it a while back, but it was purely created by inspiration.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!