Welcome! Say hi and introduce yourself :)

Home Ear Training Forums Chat Welcome! Say hi and introduce yourself :)

This topic contains 377 replies, has 171 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tenabrown tenabrown 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 378 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of slp1984
    slp1984
    Participant

Hi my name is Janos, Electronic Music producer. I am beginner with piano, I would like to improve my skills as well as develop my rhythmical sense and musical hearing.

Profile photo of ashwin
    ashwin
    Participant

Thanks Christopher. I looked at the video preview at singtrue.co. App looks great. Signed up for updates.
    Best Wishes,
    Ashwin

Profile photo of caylalayman
    caylalayman
    Participant

@slp1984, Welcome, Janos! Do you have examples of your work? We’d love to hear it. Stay tuned for round 2 of our giveway launching at the end of the week.

@ashwin, Thanks for the kind words! Welcome to the forums!

Profile photo of minou35
    minou35
    Participant

Hi, Monique is my name. I’m a retired translator and study the classic piano. In this period I’m studying Chopin’s Nocturnes. I’m also trying to play by ear and translate for my instrument songs I listen to, or pieces for the violin. I have realized that I don’t hear the chords very well and your ear training is for me very very useful. I have to pay more attention to the pitch, to the intervals and to the absolute pitch of a note. Many thanks for this thema.

caylalayman
    Participant

@minou35, Welcome, Monique! We’re focusing all of our social media on transcription and ear training, so be sure you’re following our Facebook and Twitter! So glad to hear ear training is working well for you. The violin is so beautiful, and I play piano myself. We’re starting another giveaway at the end of the week, so be sure to stay tuned!

https://www.facebook.com/EasyEarTraining
    https://twitter.com/EasyEarTraining

Profile photo of slp1984
    slp1984
    Participant

Hi There,

Yes of course, this is my soundcloud:

Let me know your thoughts!

BR,

Janos

Profile photo of zeitaliesin
    zeitaliesin
    Participant

Hello everyone my name is Greg or Zeit, whatever you choose. I am a lyricist/composer. I love this site! Great stuff!

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

Hi I’m Alexx!

I play the piano. I want to increase my ability to play by ear. It’s a slow processing of rewinding a song for me. Takes a long time to get the melody, then I have to add the chords! I may as well just buy the sheet music @ that point. I think it’s an important skill to learn, & it will really expand my playing & improvising skills. So, here I am!

How did you get a picture to post without a url, just a jpeg?

caylalayman
    Participant

@Alexx, Welcome! I play piano as well. How long have you been playing? I have some similar issues as you, and ear training has really improved my abilities.

To insert a picture, click the “img” button in the editing space at the top of the text box and insert the URL.

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

Thanks Cayla! I started as a kid playing the organ. Hated it. Took me 4 yrs to finally get my parents to let me quit. I bought a piano almost 4 yrs ago. I’ve been playing for a little over 3 1/2 yrs& I love it! Glad to here the ear training is helping you. Let’s see if my picture (well my dog’s) loads!

Profile photo of c0nd12
    c0nd12
    Participant

Hey! I’m Andrew – I play some piano and guitar, learning drums, study and work in music production! Looking to improve my ear training to be a better engineer/producer/composer.

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

Hi Andrew! Welcome! The “behind the scenes” aspect of music fascinates me. It’s great that you can blend the technical & the creative side of music.

caylalayman
    Participant

Thanks Cayla! I started as a kid playing the organ. Hated it. Took me 4 yrs to finally get my parents to let me quit. I bought a piano almost 4 yrs ago. I’ve been playing for a little over 3 1/2 yrs& I love it! Glad to here the ear training is helping you. Let’s see if my picture (well my dog’s) loads!

@alexx That’s awesome. What kind of piano do you play? I’d love to see pictures of your pooch! Let me know if you still can’t get it to work.

@c0nd12 Welcome, Andrew! It looks like your all over the board in the music industry. Do you find that ear training ties everything together for you? It really helped me meld my piano and singing skills.

Profile photo of zeitaliesin
    zeitaliesin
    Participant

Behind the scenes in music is just work work work. Just like ear traing, if you learn to relax while doing it its much easier.

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

@cayla I play ballards, pop/top 40, rock. I like all kinds of music really except classical, hip/hop & techno. I’d love to play blues, so far I have 1 song in my toolbox. Learning blues is like learning a whole new instrument, but a song here & there is fun. At some point I’d like to tackle cocktail piano, that might be fun.

Right now I’m working on a new agey kind of song. It’s very pretty, but it’s like playing a classical piece. The notes are the notes. No improv. I don’t sing when I play, so I like to add melody notes in with the chords, so people recognize the song. That’s how I came to Easy Ear Training.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!