Welcome! Say hi and introduce yourself :)

Home Ear Training Forums Chat Welcome! Say hi and introduce yourself :)

This topic contains 377 replies, has 171 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tenabrown tenabrown 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 378 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of biel
    biel
    Participant

Gabriel, Im an engineer and just recently find out my passion for music. So Im still a muscian wanna be. :)

Welcome Gabriel/@biel!

You’ve made a smart choice by beginning your musical journey with your ears. Check out our Open Your Ears and Listen Close series to start appreciating and enjoying music in more depth and detail.

Good to have you with us!

Gabriel, Im an engineer and just recently find out my passion for music. So Im still a muscian wanna be. :)

Profile photo of johnnyguiter
    johnnyguiter
    Participant

HI, I,m one old man that loves to play guitar, I read music, taking lessons for 15years. love fingerpicking, blues.country,R&b, little slack key, and drop tunning. MY PROBLEM IS HEARING THE CHANGES, THAT IS MY BRICK WALL. My hope if i sign up for the full chores is to tear down that wall. Time will tell.

Hi, @johnnyguiter! Welcome to the community.

The main trick with learning to hear changes is to keep it simple at first. Aim to identify I-IV-V progressions in just one key or when they’re played in a simple way. Once you can reliably do that you can start extending the skills until you can also hear them easily in real music you hear.

Our free chord progression training MP3s are a good place to start.

If you have any questions or need help with this just post a new thread :)

HI, I,m one old man that loves to play guitar, I read music, taking lessons for 15years. love fingerpicking, blues.country,R&b, little slack key, and drop tunning. MY PROBLEM IS HEARING THE CHANGES, THAT IS MY BRICK WALL. My hope if i sign up for the full chores is to tear down that wall. Time will tell.

Profile photo of 5sos
    5sos
    Participant

Hello, my name is Ashley! I’m 15 and I have been playing guitar for three years but never did ear training. I am honestly at loss with all the different types of trainings and I have no idea where to start. Hopefully this website will be able to give me an idea on that, haha. Can’t wait to develop my musical ear!

Hi Ashley/@5sos,

Welcome to the community! We have lots of good guitar ear training resources you can dig into, but I’d recommend starting with this FAQ:

How Can I Start Ear Training?

and this article:

Add Some Magic To Your Ear Training Goals

And then start exploring the particular topics which support your goals. I’m guessing that playing by ear or song writing might be key ones for you.

If you want a hand planning in more detail just post a new thread and we can talk about it :)

Hello, my name is Ashley! I’m 15 and I have been playing guitar for three years but never did ear training. I am honestly at loss with all the different types of trainings and I have no idea where to start. Hopefully this website will be able to give me an idea on that, haha. Can’t wait to develop my musical ear!

Profile photo of saesciadasartes
    saesciadasartes
    Participant

Hello Christopher Sutton, and friends attending this course.
    This course siguinifica lot to me, and found training overheard by searching the internet. Was very well received here Christopher Sutton, a very gentle person. I have always believed that everything begins to hear and interpret sounds and know identificalos. I think the notes are the structure of the music, so why start building a building from the top down? I confess I got it all wrong from the beginning. I’m a musician more than 16 years, I have a good technique, a good theoretical knowledge, developed over a bad ear, what do affect me much. I hope to find here a solution to this problem. Regards to all!

saesciadasartes
    Participant

Hello, my name is Alexandre SAES, I’m a guitarist, and would like to exchange information about music and learning programs.

Hi Alexandre (@saesciadasartes)

Thanks for introducing yourself! It’s wonderful to have you with us.

I think a lot of musicians share your experience: it is very easy to focus on the instrument skills and learning complex pieces of music, and forget to develop the fundamental listening skills which should be the foundation of musicianship.

Fortunately it’s never too late :)

I hope you will enjoy the Ear Expansion course and find it useful!

Profile photo of terrell
    terrell
    Participant

I play tenor and soprano saxophone, as an advanced beginner. I would like to get better at sight reading and sounding out intervals.

saesciadasartes
    Participant

I have learned many good things in this course, for me is a paradise of information important to a good ear training.

Profile photo of kristin_r
    kristin_r
    Participant

I’m Kristin. I know how to play flute and a little guitar. I also like to sing and run an online radio station. I have a pretty good ear for music but would still enjoy learning more about ear training.

Welcome @terrell!

Developing your ears should help you with sight-reading particularly if you learn audiation. For intervals you’ll find plenty of suggested resources on our Interval ear training page.

Good luck – and if you have any questions be sure to ask! :)

I play tenor and soprano saxophone, as an advanced beginner. I would like to get better at sight reading and sounding out intervals.

Thank you, @saesciadasartes! I’m very glad to hear you’re enjoying the Ear Expansion course. Keep up the good work!

I have learned many good things in this course, for me is a paradise of information important to a good ear training.

Hi @kristin_r, great to have you with us!

I hope you’ll find the resources on our site helpful for your flute and guitar playing. Please feel free to post in the forums if you have any questions or need help :)

I’m Kristin. I know how to play flute and a little guitar. I also like to sing and run an online radio station. I have a pretty good ear for music but would still enjoy learning more about ear training.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!