Ear Training Giveaway Phase 2!

Home Ear Training Forums Ear Training Ear Training Giveaway Phase 2!

This topic contains 33 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of caylalayman caylalayman 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of caylalayman
    caylalayman
    Participant

First of all, a big thanks to all of you who participated in Phase 1 of our giveaway, and congrats to the three winners.

Phase 2 will be a little different and will be based off of posting and interacting here in our Easy Ear Training forums.

You will earn points by doing the following:

• 1 point for joining the forums (or 1 point if you’re already a member)
    • 1 point for each post you make of at least 10 words
    • 2 points for each topic you start

The contest will run for a week (until next Friday night, 12/5) and the points will be tallied manually. The prize structure is a little different for this one.

1st Place goes to the person with the most points at the end of the week. This will not be random. The winner will receive our full set of eBooks plus the full Ear Expansion course (an $80.00 value).

AlbumsEar Expansion course

2nd and 3rd Place will be determined randomly and will receive an eBook or album of their choice.

Ear Training EBook Bundle

All posts of at least 10 words will be counted, no matter the content, but please try to make solid, helpful posts. If you have any questions, please feel free to post here or message me directly! Good luck!

Profile photo of zeitaliesin
    zeitaliesin
    Participant

Ok this is a bit too much like work but I’m gonna really give it my all. Good idea I think!

caylalayman
    Participant

Zeitaliesin: Don’t think of it as work! Feel free to talk about anything you want. Your favorite foods, music, bands? Good luck!

Profile photo of drahkir
    drahkir
    Participant

I’ve just signed up. I’m in my late 40s and have been trying to get back into my guitar playing. It’s tricky with two young kids but I can work on my ear training while on the train to work…except for singing exercises!

caylalayman
    Participant

@drahkir, Welcome! I’ve got two kids, too, and I know time can be tough to manage. I utilize some of the exercises in my free time and use headphones to keep it to myself in public. Thanks for joining us, and let me know if you have any questions!

zeitaliesin
    Participant

Favorite foods would be Italian! And anything my girl makes ;-, Favorite music is hard to say coz I’m such a connoisseur, but if I had to choose probably Bach or blues

zeitaliesin
    Participant

Btw this is a grat PR move to get people involved. Easyeartrsinging is lucky to have you!

Profile photo of spark
    spark
    Participant

This is a great idea to get ear trainees communicating and assisting each other more. The last time I visited this forum there was very little activity, it’s nice to come back to see more going on. One thing though, you really do have to look for this forum, if does seem rather hidden away.

caylalayman
    Participant

@zietaliesin: Thanks for the kind words! I love Italian music and Blues, too. I didn’t always have such a wide range of genres that I liked, but my fiance has really opened my eyes to new stuff!

@spark: Good observation- I’ll raise the issue.

zeitaliesin
    Participant

I just believe music is either good or bad. I can listen to classical one moment and hip hop the next, it doesn’t matter as long as it touches the soul.

Profile photo of quintusvw
    quintusvw
    Participant

I think this is an excellent concept. Using some form of reward to bring people together to discuss their passion and interest. It reminds me of the concept of gamification for e-learning.

Thanks for this!

zeitaliesin
    Participant

What is gamification? Sounds interesting. I like this site as well. So much education in one place. Really astounding !

quintusvw
    Participant

@zeitaliesin Gamification is the process of using game mechanics to motivate users of a product (especially education products) to complete certain task (stated in my own way).

I will be bringing the concept into my own studies and work as well. I think it is a very good motivation concept.

quintusvw
    Participant

Here is the wikipedia link if you are more interested in understanding the concept of gamification:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamification

zeitaliesin
    Participant

Oh thanks this is really interesting. Stuff! I’m really diggin the games here so I can see what u mean!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!